Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

1.10.2012

Happy New Year!

January 2, 2012

Hey Family,

It's a New Year and time to make to most of it! 2012 sure came and I'm grateful for the lessons i was able to learn in 2011. I pray that this year will positive and joyful. We truly kicked the New Year on the right way. I hope you guys were able to enjoy each other’s company with family and Tanner of course.

Johnra was baptized on the 31st of December. She was confirmed the following Sunday. It was a great thing to behold. It was a little scary because she came late, and seconds before missing the time to be confirmed. Her boyfriend was able to come and support her. Elder Messenger and I had the chance to testify of the Restoration during the halftime show of the baptism. It really was a great experience. We had a bit of a scare with Johnra right before the baptism. She had a small concern that was taken care of by our bishop and ward mission leader. Man i tell ya, Satan works overtime with these investigators, even to the very day.

We're now teaching her boyfriend. He's super interested and wants to come closer to Christ. He came to church and loved it. He also taught him afterward. He has some concerns about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith which is a good sign that he's really investigating and not just doing this for Johnra.

I love the Book of Mormon and i don't know if i told you, but last week we met with a pastor at our church. I know the Book of Mormon is true and therefore i know this church is true. No matter what questions or concerns the world has, they can be resolved when they take it to God and ask him. I was reading in 2 Nephi 27-28 today, and it lays it down! The Book of Mormon is the word of God and I highly recommend these chapters.

The work is really going well though. We only had 1 investigator come to church, but we taught a lot of investigator lessons with members. Our ward is very small compared to other wards i served in. We roughly had 60 people to church this last week. We're stretched out pretty thin for joint teaching and the last thing we want to do is burn out our members because they've been more than willing to help us and our efforts. It's been a really nice experience getting to know the few members and use them more often. I'd always pick quality over quantity any day. The Twin Ports ward has that quality. I'm becoming very close with these members.

I was able to set some goals for the New Year. I have my spiritual goals, physical goals, interest goals, and education goals. I split up my goals into two different blocks. My first block as a missionary- 6 more months and the second block when i come home. I'll concentrate now on my missionary goals for my last 6 months, but still be able to ponder and see ahead for my future goals when i come home. I hope you all made some missionary goals. I'll be following up with you guys!

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you! You are still hip!

Love you all and wish you the best the next year!

Love,
Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment