Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

2.23.2012

Heart is full


February 20, 2012

Hey Family,

This week has been a great experience. I'm so grateful for Elder Tanner Browning, his willingness to serve the Lord. He will be a diligent missionary.  You have all been in my prayers and I'm happy to think we're both wearing the Browning name tag at the same time serving the Lord. I know it’s been hard but it's worth it! When you were all in Utah dropping off Tanner, I was at District Meeting giving a training in Aitken Minnesota. I announced that my brother Tanner was getting ready to head in the MTC that very moment . I showed the picture you gave me of him to everyone. The senior couples loved it and thought he was such a cutie! I'm proud of my brother!

The work in Twin Ports is going good. We had a great week again getting investigators to church. We had 5 investigators come to church. I have nothing but high expectations for this area with Church attendance. This key indicator is really the best way to gauge future baptisms. Missy (our date for march 10th) is getting back into the swing of things. After falling a little bit from stress, she's been stronger than ever! She received a witness that Joseph Smith is a prophet. We watched the Prophet of the Restoration with her and her main fellowshippers. She's doing a great job being that example for her husband (less active member) because he doesn't have a desire to really come back to church and be active.

Our newest investigator Daniel is super legit. He's a member referral. We invited him to baptism and he said yes! He was so excited to come to church. He called us Sunday morning and expressed how excited he was to come to church. We're looking to set a date with him this week.

This transfer has gone so fast!  Elder Olaveson gave a talk in sacrament meeting and he did a great job of turning the topic “loving thy neighbor” into a missionary topic.

This week will be an exciting one. What i'm looking forward to is a youth conference in Virgina, Minnesota this Saturday. We've been invited to speak to the youth about preparing for missions for a whole hour. I'm really looking forward to this and i obviously have a lot i could say because I live and breathe this 24/7. I can't wait to unleash the missionary spirit! hehe. I'll also be going on a baptism interview tour on Wednesday night. I'll be traveling across North Minnesota- probably 200 miles total, to give 3 interviews.

Our district is finishing with 3 baptisms this month. Our goal was 5. We're a little disappointed with our baptisms here in Twin Ports, and we know we need to pull our weight. Hopefully we'll have a couple of baptisms in March. The weather continues to be warm here! When will winter come? It's almost march!

Well thank you again for the emails, I really do appreciate you all giving me updates. I know you had a lot going on this last week so thanks for keeping me informed. Now i understand that i won't get as much attention now with Tanner being out, but i totally understand-- i'm willing to share the love. =)

Love you all have a great week!
Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment