Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

6.25.2012

The Journey Continues


Jun 25, 2012

Hey Family,

Whoa i'll make this email short, too much has happened this last week. Therefore, i will write but a small amount. However the journey continues in saving souls!

It has been an honor working with members. I'm so grateful for them and their willingness to help us missionaries to move the work forward.  I have a strong bond with a lot of them. One of my favorite parts of my mission is working with the members. I had no idea how powerful a family can be who applies the gospel in their own home.

Right now i'm at the Levefre home. Their son just got home from his mission last week. They are an amazing family! They have 7 kids, and they're very similar to our family. It was a tender moment when we met their son Logan (return missionary) at church. The Weaver Lake ward asked me to open up for Logan (return missionary). Before i gave my remarks the whole entire priesthood sung, "I hope they call me on a mission". It was a cool experience singing that song as a missionary, reflecting back when i was a boy thinking about a mission, then thinking about my mission experiences and how it's coming to an end. It was a big tender mercy to experience that. After the song I gave a quick 6min testimony/talk.

We're gearing up for Shani's baptism this week! We have enjoyed meeting with her and teaching her the truthfulness of the gospel. It will be a great way to go out!

We set two more baptismal dates. Jonathon and Sheim, a father and son. We're really excited about this because we've involved a recent convert -Brother Hendrickson. What a kingdom builder! He's probably the most mature man and has the most life experience in both the professional world and every day life. Missionaries tracked into him a year ago! It was actually my trainer -Elder Payne that taught him.

We've started to teach Jonathon’s Mom as well. She’s a lot more open in conversation and seems to be very interested. We're having dinner at the Hendrickson’s home Wed with Jonathon and Sheim's family. Should be good!

We have some great appointments coming up. This will be a great time for me to really finish strong and put my shoulder to the plow. We'll be meeting with a lady named Pat, and Tony and Cary will be there tonight as well. Both are super close in feeling comfortable to coming to church.


Love you all so much!

Elder Brooks Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment