Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

7.14.2010

Second Week



 Jul 14, 2010
Hey Family,
 
My second week has come and gone, i only have one week left!
 
Thank you for the letters and the beast of a care packaged i got. I'm grateful for a family who loves me and thinks about me often! The snacks have been a hit with my roomates! They also recieve a ton of food, so we have a buffet menu in our room. I'm really enjoying the time with my disrict. All of them have different characters and styles of life. From athletic, to smart. We all play a role in the Lords work.
 
This last week has been exciting. We all have the feeling of the missionary work in our blood. As much as i want to stay here, i want to get going in Minnesota, ASAP. I feel for the Europe guys who have 4 weeks still, and have been here for 5 weeks.
 
My main focus has been the scriptures as far as study time. I didn't realize how everything comes from the scriptures. There is so much GOLD that needs to be discovered and it just takes time to realize the hidden treasures. My chapter of the week would have to be 2 Nephi Chapter 2. Dang! that's all i can say! Everything revolves around the Atonement of Jesus Christ. If you have a testimony of the Atonement, Book of Mormon, and God's love,when it comes down to it,that's all you really need for a basic foundation. Devotionals are a great addition! Yesterday was especially awesome! Elder Halverson ( i think that's the name) spoke to us. It was about giving ourselves to God and not just giving ourselves, but everything we have.We don't know our potential unless we give it our all.This week is a little scary because it's the last time i have to really dig deep into the docterine and prepare myself for the mission.
 
So i hope 4th of July was amazing. I bet the firework show at the Browning's was a hit. Everything here is go go go, so i had zero time to think about the 4th. They keep us busy.
 
So it sounds like the yard is coming around. I can't wait to see it when i get back! The grass edition will be a big hit by the tramps. I hope Tanner and Josh have been able to have a little fun with friends and family. I do miss the summer activities we once did as a family. Keep me updated on the activities!
 
What was Nathan's talk about? He actually reports at the MTC today, so maybe i'll be able to catch him and say hi.
 
So as a district we recieved our travel plans. I leave July 21st at 5am. I will be giving you a call between 6:30 and 11:00. So be ready.
 
My companion -aka- Marine has these sweet Bodylastics, thats what they call them. They are way cool. They have  packages from 50-100 bucks. Maybe for an early Christmas present you could send me some? They are called Bodylastics.
 
Well take care family. I'll have 2 hours on p-day to write on email. So i won't be rushed anymore. I love you all and wish you the best!
 
Love, Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment