Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

1.10.2011

Revelation is Real


Jan 10, 2011


Hey family,

It's been a crazy week so far. Guess who I'm training? Elder Smedley!! Jeren and Nelsons cousin! So far we've had a blast. We flipped out when president told us Wednesday night. President had no idea we knew each other, but the Lord did. I do feel overwhelmed at this point. We had a brief training meeting which was beneficial to me in a lot of ways on how i look at missionary work. I was among some amazing missionaries. President Howell told us this is the most important assignment/leadership role you can have as a missionary. He gave us an example of a blank CD. Once you burn media on a blank CD you can't erase the data. He taught that same principle applies to training a new missionary. I was a little nervous but i know the Lord helps the weak! It's been a fun 5 days so far! Elder Smedley is like a cousin! It has been a party to say the least but don't worry we're working harder than ever. Chemistry is so important for a companionship. I've noticed how the spirit guides us together and we're more in tune with revelation. Missionary work is amazing when you get along and have fun! The Lord has to have the opposite in order for you to appreciate the good times.

Sunday was another stressful day. I've caught the fever/chills so I'm not up to full speed. I knew i had to endure the day so Elder Smedley could attend his first church service as a missionary. Sheri came again. We have a couple strong fellowshipers that take care of Sheri at church. For being disabled, she's totally accountable and independent. She wants her 14 year old son to get involved now! His name is Oliver and i was really impressed how he conducted himself. We're working with the Neilsons to get Oliver fellowshiped. The Neilsons have a 15 year old son that enjoys the same hobbies- Basketball, Video Games, food. I was also able to confirm Kevin in sacrament mtg. That was a growning experience for sure.

The Lord was merciful, I wasn't feeling hot at all. Our 8 olcock appointment cancelled on us. That means i would have exposed my sick body in the cold elements in Minnesota.The Lord is watchful however! Leonord called us up and told us we could come over.We had a super spiritual lesson with Leonard a 50 year old black man. We found him in the area book. Elder Smedley is a great teacher and our teaching styles compliment each other. Leonard has really enjoyed the Book of Mormon. We shared Ether 12:27 with him. That scripture hit home for him. He said, "this book has given me the chills." We've also been showing him the relationship in the bible and he loves the bible, so he's really made the connection that the Book of Mormon is Gods word. He's been reading the Book of Mormon every morning. We told him "You can feel this same spirit at our service. Will you attend our service next sunday?" He's totally down and says he'll try to attened. We changed our lesson plan and the spirit guided us on what to say. I'm grateful i didn't have to spend time in a cold environment while being sick. I'm not feeling too good today either but its p-day so maybe i can catch up on some sleep.

I laughed pretty hard Dad when you told me about your skiing trip/death experience. People talk about skiing here but i laugh. There is zero mountains or hills- I call them bumps in the terrain. Thanks Tanner for the band picture. Elder Smedley was also able to see the picture and see his cousins! =) I'm glad new years was a blast!

Alright have a great week family and stay warm! Minnesota's real winter is around the corner! I love this chapter about why we go to church. Moroni chapter 6. Too many people like to justify not going to church.

Love,
Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment