Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

1.04.2011

Baptism!

Jan 3, 2011

Hey family,


Estela and Kevin were baptized this last Sunday after church. I had the privilege of baptizing Kevin. Estela was baptized by (Bro Fernandez). It was a great turn out. I would say half the ward attended the service. It was a beautiful thing to be part of their spiritual journey. It did take a lot of work and stress on our part and I was stressed out of my mind. I felt so inadequate to do the job. I'm only 19 years old and i don't have any experience. Sunday is already a stressful day and to have a baptism on top of that, ultimate chaos! When you try something out that's not familiar to you it's always difficult/scary. But things get easier as we continue to experience the same things and learn from our mistakes. It was amazing to witness the baptism. It literally looked like their sins were washed away. The spirit of the Lord was definitely there and it again strengthened my testimony. Sheri, (one of our investigators) also witnessed the baptism. Everything moved so fast and we weren't able to take pictures! I'll take some soon and send them your way sorry =( I asked Kevin how he felt after. He said with a smile on his face, "Happy and wet". Even though Kevin doesn't understand why we ask him to do certain things, he knows there is something better down this path. They will be confirmed next sunday. We could not have come even close if we had not received assistance. Elder Watkins and I are still pretty green and I've only experienced 1 baptism before this. So basically we both lack in experience. We tried our best though to communicate. We had a beastly ward to help us out. The ward was amazing and they took over, which is what should happen. As missionaries, we are weak. We don't know a lot, but the lord provides different avenues for us so we can complete difficult tasks. The Lord carried us through big time!


I got a phone call from President Howell last night and I was not expecting the call. He has asked me to train the next transfer. That was the last thing on my mind! I'm super excited though. I don't feel adequate enough to train, but the lord makes weak things become strong. I'll be staying in Eden Prairie. Elder Watkins got his phone call today and he's going up to north branch -2 hours away. I seriously thought we were going to stay together because good things have been happening here in Eden Prairie. We've also been getting along great and i will dearly miss Elder Watkins. He's a great missionary and contributed a ton with the baptism and the progression of our investigators. I really need to be on the ball now. My trainer set me off on the right foot, and i want to do the same. Haha it would be hilarious if i were to train Jeren and Nelson's cousin. I'll definitely see him though Wednesday. President doesn't decide who trains who until he interviews the new missionaries. He then receives revelation on who's the best fit. I just pray i'll be a worthy instrument to set a missionary on the right foot. I'm looking forward to this transfer. I'll learn a lot!


Well family i'll keep you updated. We hope to set a date with Sheri this week. The work continues. 2 Nephi 31: 17-18 explains why its so important to be baptized. I always had the hardest time figuring out why we have to get wet to be baptized. The real reason we get baptized is because Jesus Christ did and we don't have to worry about why. That's why when we have a testimony of Jesus Christ and put our full trust in him, we don't have to worry about the small worries or doubts. We just do it.


Love, Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment