Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

12.19.2011

Duluth Minnesota

December 12, 2011

Hey family,

I would just like to start off by thanking the family for the Christmas package! I'm grateful to have a family that loves and cares about me. It was a great treat to receive it as i've been trying to adjust here in Duluth.

Transfer day was a kick in the behind. It really was a growing experience. I was able to catch the bus with 4 other missionaries. Elder Watkins (Eden Prairie companion last year) was coming up to Duluth with me to be my zone leader. My big bag weighed 80 pounds! It cost me an extra 30 bucks from my personal funds! The bus trip was about 3 hours.

I'm not frozen yet! People say the weather has actually been fairly warm. It's really is a beautiful place with Lake Superior. It’s crazy because it feels like an ocean! I was fortunate to come into the area with a baptismal date. It seems like people are a little more receptive and humble up here. Maybe that's because we're in the lower class part of Duluth. Thank heaven i have a few members up here that i'm starting to connect with. The Twin Ports ward is a struggling ward that's lacking in numbers. We had 50 people at church last Sunday. A lot of less actives here! Elder Messenger is awesome and we're getting a long great.

We have a Christmas zone conference this Thursday and i'll be heading to Grand Rapids this week for exchanges. I'm looking forward to the new role of a district leader. My district is probably the biggest district in the mission geographically. I'll have to skype in my district meetings!

Well family thank you so much for everything! I'll talk to you all later. Skype here we come!

Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment