Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

12.19.2011

Merry Christmas!

December 19, 2011

Hey Family,

Christmas time is drawing near. It's been so fast that Duluth hasn't received its snowfall! What, a brown Christmas in Minnesota? We're getting close! This week went really well and the biggest highlight was yesterday we were able to help 10 people come to church-- 4 investigators and 6 less actives. What a great sight seeing most of your teaching pool at church! It really helped to build my faith. I'd like to make a special shout out to my wonderful parents happy 22nd anniversary!

As you know we had our Christmas zone conference last Thursday. It was a great day! President Clements really is a great leader for this mission. He had nothing but good things to say about Duluth because Duluth has been tearing it up in the last 2 months. We led in all categories as far as numbers. Oh and the biggest news, we watched the Disney movie "Miracle". Remember the hockey movie about USA vs Russia? Haha first time i've watched a movie in 18 months! I think for now on i'll only be able to see movies with a spiritual sense because i kept pulling out eternal principles and spiritual principles! All of the missionaries had a really good time watching this flick-- a great Christmas present from our president. Haha it's funny what happens on the mission. I was also able to catch up with my boy Elder Filby. He's in Thunder-Bay, Canada right now.

After the Christmas zone conference, i had the chance to go to Grand Rapids and exchange with Elder Campbell. Friday, i had the opportunity to interview one of their investigators for baptism! It was a great experience. I also had another interview on Sunday with one of North Shores investigators. I love being a district leader. I was able to do a few baptismal interviews when i was a zone leader, but that happened only when the district leader was having a baptism. My first training is this Wednesday and it's over skype because my district is so big!

I just left the computer and talked to a family that was kicked out of their home. They have no where to go but the library. They are such a good looking family! My heart goes out to them. We were able to give them a Book of Mormon and let them know the reality of Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas! I hope you all have an enjoyable week together. Make sure you give lots of attention to Tanner this Christmas. Thanks again for everything! I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Browning

P.S. I'm sending ya'll a package and it will need to be wrapped! Thanks-- i'm too poor out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment