Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

5.21.2012

Last Transfer Begins


May 21, 2012

Hey Family,

 I can't believe I've made it to this email -this will start off my last transfer. I have a great up-date. I'll be staying in Plymouth to finish my mission. Elder White will also be staying and helping me finish strong! Both Elder White and I were hoping we would stay together and see these 4 dates through. I get emotional thinking about how this is my final transfer. I have to finish strong and make sure our 4 baptismal dates go though in June.

 This week was a blast, full of highlights, and it was just a big improvement overall from last week. We were able to find 2 new investigators and teach 10 investigator lessons. We're really being blessed right now and we are really enjoying the work right now. We've had beautiful weather to tract in and it should be another hot week here.

We ended up pushing back Katie and Jeff's baptism to June 2nd. They are great kids. Katie is starting to get involved with the young women and Jeff loves his age group and plays with other kids his age in the ward.

Our other two baptismal dates are coming along great! Ann and Jarom came to church and are really starting to feel comfortable at church. Jarom is 10 years old, but has the wits of a 20 year old! I love this kid. He's super smart and funny, super social and fun to be around. We brought them to cub scouts this last Wednesday and Jarom loved it! He's part of the pack. His younger brother Jason had a good time at scouts. (Jason will be 8 in august.) The ward is doing a good job of fellowshipping and reaching out. We continue to introduce members to Ann's family. This family is such a blessing. They really have been prepared! Ann wants the best for her children. She has great morals and standards for her kids and has taught them well. Members of the ward have commented multiple times how well behaved her kids are.

My district meeting training went well with President! I must say i was a bit nervous to present, but i think it went well. I had a couple comments on how others benefited from it. President Clements is a wonderful mission president. I look up to him so much. So at the end of each district meeting we get to role-play with one another and practice our teaching skills. Well i had Elder White and I role-play with President! Haha, that was quite the experience. President Clements received some revelation for our investigator as President Clements pretended to be our investigator and we were the missionaries. This particular investigator has struggled to keep commitments. We came to the conclusion to have her come to the mission home and be taught! Yep that's right our investigator committed to come to the mission home to be taught with our president's family. And the appointment is today and 7:30! Keep us in your prayers. Elder White and I will be leading out in a discussion for our investigator in the mission Presidents home. President Clements and his wife will be there, along with their 18 year old daughter who lives with them. The stage is set big! We'll be inviting them to be baptized. Elder White and I worked pretty hard today during companion study to come up with a lesson plan. We both have left it in the Lords hand with our efforts to make a powerful lesson. We'll be teaching out of the scriptures. The scriptures have the most powerful conviction out there, and are far more eloquent than 2 young missionaries.

Well family i love you all, keep up the good work in Shelley. I'd like to invite you guys to invite a nonmember family to our home for dinner. That's the simplest way to be a missionary-- let the spirit of our home testify. I'd like to commit you to do that this next month! I'll be following up.

Love you all!

Elder B Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment