Last Dinner Appointment with the Neilson Family- July 2, 2012

8.23.2010

Weird Week

Aug 23, 2010


Hey Family,
 
So its been a weird week. Elder Payne caught the flu last Tuesday and recovered mid Wednesday. I had lots of study/down time- but made the most out of it. I was lucky and i didn't catch the flu, I've been trying to eat lots of fruit and drink lots of water. I also take a couple vitamins a day.We are behind on missionary work, it was our worst week as far as numbers - we taught 5 lessons =(.
 
We were able to attend a baptism however, John Doolittle is his name. He's a 30 year old man and the sister missionaries found him. It was my first expierence attending a missionary efforts baptism and the spirit was strong at the service. That really pumped me and Elder Payne to continue to work in Rochester SE with faith.
 
Members of the Rochester 1st ward have given us so much love this past week. They have dropped off food and supplies for us when Elder Payne was sick. Soup and Gatorade was the  perfect source of nourishment we were in need of! The Member really do so much for us. The meals have been wonderful. Some of the best food I've had in my entire life has come from members. We stopped by the Cally's for a dinner appointment. They fed us gourmet steaks with homemade rolls and watermelon with peach pie to top things off. YUM. That's what keeps us alive and well off at the end of a hard working day. I usually get homesick though when i visit with a member in their home. It reminds me of my family and the memories of meals we would have on Sundays! So Dad and Mom, make sure you invite the missionaries over for dinner. And  treat them with a really good meal- it goes a long way.
 
So today I've been doing some deep cleaning around our apartment. For years missionaries slack off on cleaning and i need a somewhat of a clean area to live in. The tub is sick, the toilet was sick and the floors. I finally stepped in and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. I feel much better now! Mom, i credit everything to you! I love how you made us clean bathrooms and certain parts of the house. So many people in this world live sick nasty lives. I will forever be a clean freak after the mission!
 
I'm finally finding a good personality for the mission. I don't want to be the crazy Shelley, ID Brooks Browning. I'm trying to be more professional in my conversations with people- so i can be the best representative of Christ i can be. It's hard to to bash with dumb dumbs who know nothing, but think they do. I just have to keep reminding myself  LOVE. Missonary work only happens if you have real love for one of God's kids. If I find myself not really caring about the person, i usually say something stupid or ignore their needs.
 
I'm trying not to get "trunky" -a missionary term for going home. There are always spurts of the day when i get trunky. I'm doing my best not to get homesick, but it will come hard at me at some point. I look at the family picture everyday!- Trunky.
 
Well family, i hope i have better things to email next week. This week was our worst week yet but we've received a couple of referrals from the Lord. I hope you guys have a great time in Washington D.C. Send me a email while you're over their!
 
Love,
 
Elder Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment